Welcome to English-speaking AA in Zürich. Here you can find:
- meeting information*
- posts on upcoming events
- information for those new to AA
- contact information for visitors and newcomers
Please call or write to us if you have any questions or need to speak with someone. We are happy to help.
Helpline: 076 401 93 91
COVID Update: December 12, 2020
The Swiss Federal Government has issued new rules on COVID-19 prevention, which are valid from Saturday, December 12, 2020, to January 22, 2021.
IG holds no opinion on these rules and offers the points below in the spirit of helping each Group Service Representative to understand and convey to their group the implications the rules have for holding physical AA meetings.
- Indoor physical AA meetings are restricted to 5 individuals because our meetings are deemed a “cultural activity.”
- Outdoor gatherings and gatherings in “public spaces” (for example, streets, train stations, and hiking paths) are allowed for groups of up to 15 individuals.
- In all cases, one must wear a mask whenever the minimum distance of 1.5 meters between individuals cannot be preserved (there are minor exceptions to the obligation to wear a mask, for example, minors of less than 12 years of age).
- In practice, this means that we can meet physically (indoors or outdoors) if we are five or fewer people, or informally meet outdoors with up to 15 people (but we cannot have a formal meeting with more than five people outdoors, as such a formal meeting would no longer qualify as a “gathering,” but instead as a “cultural activity”).
As in all things COVID-19, the rules and interpretations are fluid and we will update you if and when necessary.
*Note: Online meeting information can be found under EVENTS or by clicking on AA Meetings and selecting your location, then day and time.